    SubjectRe: The ondemand CPUFreq code -- I hope the functionality stays
    On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:10, Dave Jones wrote:
    > On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:04:23PM -0400, Patrick McFarland wrote:
    > > I think you've gotten confused. Ondemand is a horrible governor that
    > > only flips between two cpu frequencies, the lowest and the highest.
    > That isn't true. I just double checked, and saw my core-duo changing
    > between all 4 states it offers.

    This may have been fixed then.

    > > Use the Conservative governor instead.
    > This governor is based on the same code as on-demand with some subtle
    > tweaks to make it not change the frequency as often. If anything *this*
    > one should be less 'active' for you than ondemand.

    This used to be not true at all. Go back in the LKML archives about a year or

    > What driver are you using ?

    > Dave

    Patrick McFarland ||
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
    we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
    listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
    Inc, 1989

      Last update: 2006-07-28 03:27    [W:0.041 / U:0.636 seconds]