SubjectRe: The ondemand CPUFreq code -- I hope the functionality stays
On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:10, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:04:23PM -0400, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > I think you've gotten confused. Ondemand is a horrible governor that
> > only flips between two cpu frequencies, the lowest and the highest.
> That isn't true. I just double checked, and saw my core-duo changing
> between all 4 states it offers.

This may have been fixed then.

> > Use the Conservative governor instead.
> This governor is based on the same code as on-demand with some subtle
> tweaks to make it not change the frequency as often. If anything *this*
> one should be less 'active' for you than ondemand.

This used to be not true at all. Go back in the LKML archives about a year or

> What driver are you using ?

> Dave

Patrick McFarland ||
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
Inc, 1989