    SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by regarding reiser4 inclusion
    Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Pavel Machek wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>> Requires a disk format change, in a filesystem without plugins, to
    >>> fix it.

    > A filesystem WITH plugins must still handle the standard Linux
    > compatibility stuff that other filesystems handle.
    > Plugins --do not-- mean that you can just change the filesystem format
    > willy-nilly, with zero impact.

    They --do-- mean that you can change much of the filesystem behavior
    without requiring massive on-disk changes or massive interface changes.

    After all, this is how many FUSE plugins work -- standard FS interface,
    usually uses another standard FS as storage, but does crazy things like
    compression, encryption, and other transformations in between.

      Last update: 2006-07-27 21:09    [W:0.024 / U:56.268 seconds]