SubjectRe: 2.6.18-rc2-mm1
Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> Seems that this one is eating /dev/null's during 'make' phase of a
> build. Am trying to track down whats changed.

Ok, this seems to be related to the changes in:

Backing this out reverses the new behaviour.

It looks like the check to see if the options are valid, use -o
/dev/null -xc /dev/null and that is causing the compiler to remove

The machines affected do not seem to have such old compilers:

gcc version 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-3)

Yeah, yeah I know I should not be running my builds as root, but then we
should not be eating it either.