SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by regarding reiser4 inclusion
On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 01:20:40AM -0600, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Jeff, I think that a large part of what is going on is that any patch
> that can be read in 15 minutes gets reviewed immediately, and any patch
> that is worked on for 5 years and then takes a week to read gets
> neglected. This is true even if line for line the 1 week to read patch
> is more valuable. What is more is that people know this is
> irrational, but aren't able to cure it in themselves. Even I have a
> problem of paying too much attention to endless 5 minute emails when I
> know I should instead, say, read the compression plugin from beginning
> to end.

Well, the problem is that someone actually went through the
effort of doing the week-long reviews of your code, you flamed him
every time he suggested that there was need for improvement, instead
of saying thanks for all the hard work and implementing the needed

Not exactly the right way to make people fond of reviewing your code.
Getting flamed by someone having a hard time taking criticism
after spending 5 minutes to review a patch is bearable, after all,
what's 5 minutes, right? Flaming someone that has put down a week
or two of hard work on review is just disrespectful.

Regards: David Weinehall
/) David Weinehall <> /) Northern lights wander (\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //
\) (/ Full colour fire (/

  Last update: 2006-07-26 12:41    [W:0.383 / U:3.480 seconds]