SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 07:20:29PM +0200, andrea@cpushare.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:02:36PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > For exactly the same quality of sampling, yes, the larger the better,
> > but the point of diminishing returns comes pretty quickly. So given
> > limited resources it's probably more important to work on the quality of
> > the sample rather than on its size....
>
> No matter how you see it, the larger the better (in the worst case it
> won't make a difference). Certainly if I could work on the quality,
> that would be more important than adding 1 more user. But I can't work
> on the quality.

But depending on the nature of the error, the worst case might be the
common case (as I've already explained in another email).

If you can't ensure the quality of your data, please don't use this data
to wrongly draw any conclusions from them [1].

cu
Adrian

[1] the conclusion itself might or might not be true
e.g. there _could_ be an 1:5 ratio between reiser4 and ext3 users
but your data is not in any way able to support or reject this
statement

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed