SubjectRe: [patch] slab: always follow arch requested alignments
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> If you disable them then we are fine. I think the main "bug" is that
> we create the caches with ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN in kmem_cache_init but
> allow debug options on them. It seemss that we need to be able to disable
> debugging from kmem_cache_init.

No, as Heiko explained, but bug is that we fail to respect architecture
and caller mandated alignment when CONFIG_SLAB_DEBUG is enabled. With this
patch (or Heiko's), we should be okay: http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/7/26/93

Note that this will fix the kmem_cache_init() case too. If
ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN is greater than BYTES_PER_WORD, we'll disable
debugging for those caches. It's obviously ok to have debugging for
kmem_cache_init caches too if ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN is greater than or
equal to BYTES_PER_WORD.

Pekka

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans