    SubjectRe: [patch] slab: always follow arch requested alignments
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > If you disable them then we are fine. I think the main "bug" is that
    > we create the caches with ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN in kmem_cache_init but
    > allow debug options on them. It seemss that we need to be able to disable
    > debugging from kmem_cache_init.

    No, as Heiko explained, but bug is that we fail to respect architecture
    and caller mandated alignment when CONFIG_SLAB_DEBUG is enabled. With this
    patch (or Heiko's), we should be okay: http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/7/26/93

    Note that this will fix the kmem_cache_init() case too. If
    ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN is greater than BYTES_PER_WORD, we'll disable
    debugging for those caches. It's obviously ok to have debugging for
    kmem_cache_init caches too if ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN is greater than or
    equal to BYTES_PER_WORD.

    Pekka

      Last update: 2006-07-26 13:51    [W:0.020 / U:6.256 seconds]