    SubjectRe: [patch] slab: always follow arch requested alignments
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Pekka J Enberg wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > > Well that is a bit far reaching. What is broken is that SLAB_RED_ZONE and
    > > SLAB_STORE_USER ignore any given alignment. If you want to fix that then
    > > you need to modify how both debugging methods work.
    >
    > Not sure I understand what you mean. Isn't it enough that we disable
    > debugging if architecture or caller mandated alignment is greater than
    > BYTES_PER_WORD?

    If you disable them then we are fine. I think the main "bug" is that
    we create the caches with ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN in kmem_cache_init but
    allow debug options on them. It seemss that we need to be able to disable
    debugging from kmem_cache_init.

      Last update: 2006-07-26 13:45    [W:0.022 / U:92.164 seconds]