    SubjectRe: [discuss] Re: VIA x86-64 bootlogs needed
    On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 00:18 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > > MSI Master2-FAR with VIA K8T800, kernel-2.6.17-1.2157_FC5
    > Thanks.
    > > With any luck, this APIC rework will fix this board's habit of
    > > spontaneously turning off interrupts at the IOAPIC level without the
    > > kernel's knowledge.
    > Unlikely unfortunately. How does it look like when they get turned off?

    I stop getting any interrupts from the device in question (either the
    on-board UHCI controllers or the on-board SATA controller) -- i.e. mouse
    movement gets jerky because uhci-hcd is operating purely by polling or I
    start getting libata timeouts in my logs.

    I have an abomination of a systemtap script which calls
    unmask_IO_APIC_irq directly which instantly "fixes" it when things go

    I also have another stap script which records stack traces when
    mask_IO_APIC_irq and unmask_IO_APIC_irq called in order to check if the
    IRQs are actually getting turned off without the kernel's knowledge, but
    when I run that in the background, the problem doesn't ever manifest

    Nicholas Miell <>

      Last update: 2006-07-26 01:07    [W:0.029 / U:35.728 seconds]