    Subjectasync network I/O, event channels, etc
    I was very much surprised by the reactions I got after my OLS talk.
    Lots of people declared interest and even agreed with the approach and
    asked me to do further ahead with all this. For those who missed it,
    the paper and the slides are available on my home page:

    http://people.redhat.com/drepper/

    As for the next steps I see a number of possible ways. The discussions
    can be held on the usual mailing lists (i.e., lkml and netdev) but due
    to the raw nature of the current proposal I would imagine that would be
    mainly perceived as noise.

    So the second proposal is the I can create an appropriate mailing list
    here. Alternatively possibly two lists, one for the event channel stuff
    and one for the DMA/AIO part since the two parts are very much unrelated.

    I'd appreciate input from those who feel responsible for these lists. I
    don't mind either way. If there is strong interest right now (let me
    know, don't pollute the list) I can create mailing lists now and then if
    necessary close them down and redirect traffic to lkml/netdev.

    Waiting for input...

      Last update: 2006-07-25 21:25    [W:0.021 / U:59.864 seconds]