    SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by regarding reiser4 inclusion
    On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:53:08AM +0400, Nikita Danilov wrote:
    > I believe the (mis-)reference is to a famous data-base person, co-author
    > of "Transaction Processing". He is with Microsoft now
    > (

    That's what I thought when I saw the name Jim Gray, but as far as I
    knew he never worked on XFS and never left the Linux community
    dejected because Linux kernel coding standards requirements before
    changes were allowed to be merged, when Hans did his name dropping

    (I mean geez, if you want really high standards before new code is
    accepted, take a look at Open Solaris; they have *such* a heavyweight
    process, with two mandatory signoffs by core Solaris engineers who
    both have to do a line-by-line review, and with a promise of on-disk
    and ABI compatibility *forever* ---- that we do more commits in a week
    than they do in a year....)

    - Ted

      Last update: 2006-07-24 12:33    [W:0.020 / U:142.344 seconds]