    SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
    Matthias Andree wrote:

    >The most worrying point was that reiser3 maintenance was given up at the
    >point where it was just about to transition from usable to mature.

    Name a bug (not a feature) that has not been fixed by us, and which is
    not also so deep that it reasonably required waiting for a major release
    to fix it (for example, bug fixes that require disk format changes
    belong in v4 not v3 even if a case can be made that they are bug fixes).

    I mean, god, sometimes I think users are like little children waiting
    for the pie that is in the oven and who want to take it out now before
    it finishes cooking so they can eat it, and they are very angry about
    it, and I should just understand that and not try to reason with it (but
    also not give them the pie before it finishes cooking either). Someone
    please tell me I don't understand the users and it all makes more sense
    than that, please....

    No code before its time. No features in stable branches. Wait for it.
    Stop complaining about how you are abandoned, we are working hard. It's
    going to be the best pie ever. Wait for it.

    Hans

      Last update: 2006-07-24 11:11    [W:0.020 / U:60.900 seconds]