SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
Rene Rebe writes:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 22 July 2006 15:02, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > > The code isn't even written, benchmarked, or tested yet,
> >
> > Actually, the first bits that we plan to merge have already been
> > written and in use by hundreds of clusterfs customers, posted to LKML
> > for comments (and we don't attack our reviewers, we thank them for
> > their comments), and in fact they were written about at last year's
> > OLS complete with benchmarks and graphs.
> > (http://ext2.sourceforge.net/2005-ols/2005-ols-ext3.html)
>
> However I would estimate that Reiser4 is used by more people than yet
> aother ext2 patchups.

Any data backing up that estimation? Just to give an example, that
"patchup" is used by (tens of) thousands of computers in governmental
laboratories the US "national security" depends upon.

> Yours,

Nikita.

  Last update: 2006-07-24 09:57    [W:0.213 / U:0.800 seconds]