    SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
    On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 05:38:53PM +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
    > I'm no talking about extends only. Ext3 now is very, very different
    > than the ext2+journal it was at the start, with backwards-incompatible
    > format changes added all the time[1]. These changes went in
    > no-questions-asked.

    The patches indeed were reviewed and changes made in response to the
    reviews. The philosophical/design question about whether or not
    optional features which, if enabled, would prevent older kernels to
    mount the filesystem was not asked, no. But that doesn't mean that
    the code was not reviewed; it was.

    I would also note that we didn't intimate that we knew better than the
    reviewers, or question their motives, or otherwise insult the
    reviewers such that they might decide they have better things to do
    than to review our patches, and that might have had something to do
    with how the code got in relatively painlessly....

    - Ted

      Last update: 2006-07-24 18:21    [W:0.022 / U:160.908 seconds]