SubjectRe: remove cpu hotplug bustification in cpufreq.
On Sunday 23 July 2006 14:12, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> [ Linus bangs his head against the wall until tears of blood course down
> his face ]

I know how you feel.

> cpufreq (or at least ondemand) must DIE! And the people who wrote that
> crap should have red-hot pokers jammed into some very uncomfortable
> places.

You know what else must die? powernowd... which does exactly what the
conservative governor does, but takes about a meg of memory to do it, and it
doesn't even provide stuff like changing behavior based on ac/battery state
or lm_sensors feedback.

Patrick McFarland ||
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
Inc, 1989