    SubjectRe: remove cpu hotplug bustification in cpufreq.
    Date
    On Sunday 23 July 2006 14:12, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > [ Linus bangs his head against the wall until tears of blood course down
    > his face ]

    I know how you feel.

    > cpufreq (or at least ondemand) must DIE! And the people who wrote that
    > crap should have red-hot pokers jammed into some very uncomfortable
    > places.

    You know what else must die? powernowd... which does exactly what the
    conservative governor does, but takes about a meg of memory to do it, and it
    doesn't even provide stuff like changing behavior based on ac/battery state
    or lm_sensors feedback.

    --
    Patrick McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,