SubjectRe: + via-pata-controller-xfer-fixes.patch added to -mm tree
matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Albert Lee wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthieu,
>>
>> Thanks for the log. But could you please keep the VPRINTK() in the
>> entrance of ata_host_intr()
>
> If I do that, everything works correctly : the printk should take more
> than 3 us, and the altsatus is not busy when we read it.
> Here is the log without moving the printk :
> http://castet.matthieu.free.fr/tmp/ata_log.orig

Hmm, the Uncertainty principle also applies to kernel debugging. :)

> The only thing I could do is to move the printk between altstatus and
> status check and add one in idle_irq.
>
> Will it be usefull for you ?
>

> Matthieu.

From your previous log, the timeout transacation is clearly logged
and it does look like early irq. Can compare/see both timeout and normal
behaviors of libata from both logs. So, the logs are good enough.

Thanks and appreciates for the logs, :)

Albert

  Last update: 2006-07-02 16:19    [W:0.052 / U:0.656 seconds]