    SubjectRe: Reiser4 Inclusion
    >Any why can those users not download and apply a patch, try it and
    >report back to Namesys?
    Because that patch pokes into some files outside fs/reiser4, giving a hard time
    with rejects for the novice user. The linux kernel is a huge codebase, and
    I have, for example, less clue of mm/ than of fs/.

    I was very happy to see that
    worked well on 2.6.17 and 2.6.17.x, but it already stopped patching again
    on 2.6.18-rc1. The next newer version of reiser4 is for -mm, which is not
    so useful for me. If namesys provided reiser4 patches for every vanilla out
    there (possibly including -rc's, but that's just extra sugar), that would
    be great, but I cannot force them to do so; people may have better things
    to do than packaging up r4 whenever there is a linux tarball release.

    Jan Engelhardt

      Last update: 2006-07-18 10:07    [W:0.024 / U:53.176 seconds]