    SubjectRe: RFC: cleaning up the in-kernel headers
    On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 12:05 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    >
    > > This would also remove all the implicit rules "before #include'ing
    > > header foo.h, you must #include header bar.h" you usually only see when
    > > the compilation fails.
    > >
    > > There might be exceptions (e.g. for avoiding circular #include's) but
    > > these would be special cases.
    >
    > Great! Yes please. There is also some weirdness in #include in the
    > middle of another .h file (see mm.h). It would be great if you could find
    > a solution.

    Are you talking about the page-flags.h or the vmstat.h?

    The page-flags.h has a FIXME by it to remove it, but under Adrian's
    rules, it seems that it should still belong. The rule is that if foo.h
    needs bar.h to compile, then foo.h should have bar.h in it. And just
    seeing what happens if we remove page-flags.h from mm.h, we get a
    compile error in mm.h. Which means that that page-flags.h belongs in
    mm.h since it wont compile without it.

    Now for the vmstat.h, I just tried removing that, and it seems that this
    is a candidate to be removed from mm.h since mm.h compiles fine without
    it. But vmstat.h doesn't compile without mm.h. So it seems that we
    should add mm.h to vmstat.h, remove vmstat.h from mm.h and for those .c
    files that break, just add vmstat.h to them.

    -- Steve

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans