SubjectRe: Fwd: Using select in boolean dependents of a tristate symbol
Hi,

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> On Thursday 13 July 2006 18:58, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> >
> > > config THRUSTMASTER_FF
> > > bool "ThrustMaster FireStorm Dual Power 2 support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
> > > depends on HID_FF && EXPERIMENTAL
> > > + select INPUT_FF_MEMLESS
> > > help
> > > Say Y here if you have a THRUSTMASTER FireStore Dual Power 2,
> > > and want to enable force feedback support for it.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately this forces INPUT_FF_MEMLESS to always be built-in,
> > > although if HID is a module it could be a module as well. Do you have
> > > any suggestions as to how allow INPUT_FF_MEMLESS to be compiled as a
> > > module?
> >
> > You need to directly include HID into the dependencies, only the direct
> > dependencies for config entry are used for the select.
> >

> Oh, this indeed works, thanks a lot! And I was thinking I would need to
> implement something like "select <expr> as <expr>" in kconfig ;)

What you could do is to use "select INPUT_FF_MEMLESS if HID" to make it
visible that this dependency is actually for select.
This point is a little subtle and I'm not completely happy with it, maybe
I'm going to split this into two select variations - one which includes
all the dependencies and one which only uses the config symbol to select.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2006-07-14 11:25    [W:0.124 / U:0.056 seconds]