SubjectRe: [patch] let CONFIG_SECCOMP default to n
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:34:41 +0200
andrea@cpushare.com wrote:

> Both patches are obsoleted by the new logic in the context switch that
> uses the bitflags to enter the slow path, see Chuck's patch.

What darn patch?

<looks>

hm, p73wtain80h.fsf@verdi.suse.de, who appears to be Andi has (again)
removed me from cc. Possibly an act of mercy ;)

> As long as seccomp won't be nuked from the kernel, Chuck's patch seems
> the way to go.

I see "[compile tested only; requires just-sent fix to i386 system.h]", so
an appropriate next step would be for you to review, test, sign-off and
forward it, please.

> But the point is that I've no idea anymore what will happen to
> seccomp so perhaps all patches will be useless.

Shrug. If we can optimise the current code, fine. If there's a default-on
config option that makes no-TSC seccomp have zero overhead, better. If that
makes us go back to doing useful stuff, perfect.

  Last update: 2006-07-13 11:25    [W:0.086 / U:0.356 seconds]