SubjectRe: [RFC] Move NTP related code to ntp.c

* john stultz <johnstul@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I know I've been moving a bit slowly, but I wanted to get my current
> tree out there so folks could see where I'm heading w/ the timekeeping
> code now that the largest chunk of logical changes has landed.

looks good to me! A few minor nits:

> + * This code was mainly moved from kernel/timer.c and kerenl/time.c

s/kerenl/kernel

> + * Please see those files for relavent copyright info and historical

s/relavent/relevant

> +/*
> + * this routine handles the overflow of the microsecond field
> + *
> + * The tricky bits of code to handle the accurate clock support
> + * were provided by Dave Mills (Mills@UDEL.EDU) of NTP fame.
> + * They were originally developed for SUN and DEC kernels.
> + * All the kudos should go to Dave for this stuff.
> + *
> + */

remove the extra empty ' *' line above.

> +/* adjtimex mainly allows reading (and writing, if superuser) of
> + * kernel time-keeping variables. used by xntpd.
> + */
> +int do_adjtimex(struct timex *txc)
> +{
> + long ltemp, mtemp, save_adjust;

whitespace damage.

suggestion for future cleanups: this function (do_adjtimex()) should be
cleaned up further to conform to the kernel coding style standard.
(currently it has 4-space tabs, etc.) I did that before - maybe some of
those cleanups still apply?

[obviously that cleanup shouldnt be part of this move-the-code patch.]

Ingo

  Last update: 2006-07-13 11:13    [W:0.102 / U:0.180 seconds]