SubjectRe: [patch] let CONFIG_SECCOMP default to n

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> But there may be some users only using alsa to play mp3, so it's not
> so different (certainly I agree if it would be nice if there would be
> more users since it can solve the codec decompression exploits).

You aren't even listening.

> If what you don't like is the API and you want to change it (like
> replacing the /proc interface with a syscall or a prctl) that's fine
> with me though.

This has NOTHING to do with the API.

You're just in denial, and don't even listen to what people say. It also
has nothing to do with cpufreq, which again is a case of _some_ uses may
be patented, but not "_the_ use"

I just stated that if other interfaces don't have the problem that their
only use is patent-protected, then other interfaces are clearly better
alternatives. IF they have users at all.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.072 / U:0.608 seconds]