    SubjectRe: [patch] let CONFIG_SECCOMP default to n

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > What Ingo complains about is the fact somebody could be selling a
    > patented mp3 player that uses alsa. Should alsa be rejected from the
    > kernel? Does that mean alsa has anything to do with the mp3 patent?

    ALSA is used for other things _too_.

    I don't think SECCOMP is wrong per se, but I do believe that if other
    approaches become more popular, and the only user of SECCOMP is not GPL'd
    and uses some patented stuff, then we should seriously look at the other
    interfaces (eg the extended ptrace).

    Does anybody actually really _use_ SECCOMP outside of the patented stuff?

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.028 / U:59.356 seconds]