    SubjectRe: RFC: cleaning up the in-kernel headers
    On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 06:06:39PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > My plan is to create a git tree where I'll work on this that will be
    > included in -mm.
    > Is this OK for everyone?

    Sure, provided it's also tested on non-x86 architectures as well.

    At the moment, someone did a "clean up" of linux/tty.h includes
    which has broken the 99% of the ARM defconfigs, and despite this
    patch being in -mm and allegedly fixed by akpm for ARM, the result
    is still massive breakage.

    Hence, -mm is probably far too different from mainline for include
    cleanups to be properly tested before they're sent to Linus - iow
    they need an additional level of testing against Linus' tree _prior_
    to being submitted to Linus.

    Apart from that, I've no problem with anyone who wants to clean up
    the include mess.

    Russell King
    Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core