SubjectRe: [klibc] klibc and what's the next step?
Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> "Old klibc" still exists and is the same code out of the same source tree.
> I meant more the "easy to build" part.
>>> What do you have in mind here?
>>> Once prepare_namespace is gone, there is no userspace code left.
>> Things that have been bandied about, for example:
>> - suspend/resume
>> - partition discovery
>> I'm sure there is more.
> Do you plan to share source files betweek kernel and kinit? Or how is it
> harder for external kinit to handle that?

It's a deployment problem, arguably especially for people who
cross-compile. You have two major pieces of code (kernel and klibc)
which have to be changed at the same time, with different maintainers
and reviewers.

  Last update: 2006-07-11 19:49    [W:0.116 / U:18.012 seconds]