    SubjectRe: [klibc] klibc and what's the next step?
    Olaf Hering wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 11, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    >
    >> "Old klibc" still exists and is the same code out of the same source tree.
    >
    > I meant more the "easy to build" part.

    >>> What do you have in mind here?
    >>> Once prepare_namespace is gone, there is no userspace code left.
    >> Things that have been bandied about, for example:
    >>
    >> - suspend/resume
    >> - partition discovery
    >>
    >> I'm sure there is more.
    >
    > Do you plan to share source files betweek kernel and kinit? Or how is it
    > harder for external kinit to handle that?

    It's a deployment problem, arguably especially for people who
    cross-compile. You have two major pieces of code (kernel and klibc)
    which have to be changed at the same time, with different maintainers
    and reviewers.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2006-07-11 19:49    [W:0.058 / U:0.888 seconds]