SubjectRe: [patch] do not allow IPW_2100=Y or IPW_2200=Y
Hi!

> > > which would warrant some extra documentation in Kconfig explaining that this
> > > driver needs initramfs with firmware for it to work when compiled in the
> > > kernel. A link to the ipw2x00 documentation might also help.
> >
> > Besides, the initramfs runs long after the driver init routine
> > runs which is when the firmware needs to be available.
>
> .. unless you use sysfs to do a fake hotunplug + replug the device, at
> which point the driver init routine runs again.

Ouch, nice trick. But how do I actually pull it up? There's nothing
that looks like allowing that in /sys:

root@amd:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:02:02.0# ls
broken_parity_status config irq power/ subsystem@
uevent
bus@ device local_cpus resource subsystem_device
vendor
class enable modalias resource0 subsystem_vendor
root@amd:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:02:02.0#

I tried going to bus/drivers/ and unbind/rebind ipw2200 driver; that
does not work. I tried echo 0 > enable; echo 1 > enable, but no trick,
either.

Pavel