SubjectRe: [BUG] APM resume breakage from 2.6.18-rc1 clocksource changes
Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, john stultz wrote:

> > > APM can only keep interrupts disabled on non-IBM machines, presumably
> > > due to BIOS problems.
> >
> > Is it possible to disable the timer interrupt before suspend and just
> > reinit the timer afterwards?
>
> The timer interrupt is re-enabled, via the timer_sysclass::resume hook,
> while the timekeeping code is re-enabled via the
> timekeeping_sysclass::resume hook. The issue being that I'm not sure
> there's a defined way to specify the .resume calling order.
>
> The timekeeping_suspended flag is a bit heavy handed, but I think it
> might be the safest bet (assuming Mikael finds it works for him).

As temporary measure it's ok, but please add a comment, that it's there
because of broken suspend/resume ordering.
That's another reason why I think that keeping interrupt handling and
timekeeping separate is illusionary.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2006-07-11 01:03    [W:0.098 / U:0.352 seconds]