    SubjectRe: lockdep input layer warnings.
    On 7/10/06, Arjan van de Ven <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 16:29 -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > >
    > > Well, you are right, the patch is in -rc1 and I see mutex_lock_nested
    > > in the backtrace but for some reason it is still not happy. Again,
    > > this is with pass-through Synaptics port and we first taking mutex of
    > > the child device and then (going through pass-through port) trying to
    > > take mutex of the parent.
    > Ok it seems more drastic measures are needed; and a split of the
    > cmd_mutex class on a per driver basis. The easiest way to do that is to
    > inline the lock initialization (patch below) but to be honest I think
    > the patch is a bit ugly; I considered inlining the entire function
    > instead, any opinions on that?

    It is ugly. Maybe we could have something like mutex_init_nolockdep()
    to annotate that lockdep is confused and make it ignore such locks?

    Of course there is a chance that lockdep is correct but I do not think so.

      Last update: 2006-07-10 17:53    [W:0.019 / U:76.872 seconds]