    SubjectRe: [RFC] [patch 5/6] [Network namespace] ipv4 isolation
    James Morris wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, dlezcano@fr.ibm.com wrote:
    >

    >>When an outgoing packet has the loopback destination addres, the
    >>skbuff is filled with the network namespace. So the loopback packets
    >>never go outside the namespace. This approach facilitate the migration
    >>of loopback because identification is done by network namespace and
    >>not by address. The loopback has been benchmarked by tbench and the
    >>overhead is roughly 1.5 %
    >

    > I think you'll need to make it so this code has zero impact when not
    > configured.

    Indeed, and over stuff other than loopback too. I'll not so humbly
    suggest :) netperf TCP_STREAM and TCP_RR figures _with_ CPU
    utilization/service demand measures.

    rick jones

      Last update: 2006-06-10 02:30    [W:0.025 / U:31.440 seconds]