SubjectRe: RT exec for exercising RT kernel capabilities
Mark Hounschell wrote:
> Mark Hounschell wrote:
>> Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>>> Mark,

>>> Nice tool.
>>>
>>> Some remarks. You can build high resolution timer support without the
>>> extra lib package from the HRT sourceforge site. You need a recent glibc
>>> and some quirks in the source. See the cyclictest program I'm using.
>>> http://www.tglx.de/projects/misc/cyclictest/cyclictest-v0.8.tar.bz2
>>>
>> I didn't realize that. Right you are.
>>
> Here is a new one that no longer requires the HRT sourceforge package. Thanks
> again.
>
> ftp://ftp.compro.net/public/rt-exec/rt-exec-1.0.1.tar.bz2
>
>>> It would also be cute to add tests for the PI support for
>>> pthread_mutexes.
>>>
>>> tglx
>> I'm not sure what one needs to do in user land to actually test that but I'll
>> investigate.
>>
> Still investigating...

Am I even close in assuming that to enable the PI support you have to use

pthread_mutexattr_setprotocol(mutexattr, PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT);

I have only glibc 2.3 and 2.4 and neither of them understand what
PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT is.

Can anyone point me to an some Doc or examples of how to enable PI for
pthread_mutexes?

Sorry I'm ignorant on the subject. I do understand the principle of PI and may
even be able to figure out how to test it in user land but how do I turn it on?

Thanks
Mark

  Last update: 2006-06-09 22:07    [W:0.077 / U:0.044 seconds]