SubjectRe: OpenGL-based framebuffer concepts
Daniel Hazelton wrote:
> On Thursday 08 June 2006 03:02 am, Helge Hafting wrote:
>> Jon Smirl wrote:
>>> On 6/1/06, Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay. I'll stick this on my list. Shouldn't be too hard to get to, provided I
> can finish up my work on drmcon. (Tony, I'm still waiting on that unloadable
> fbcon/fbdev bit and the userspace fbdev driver you mentioned)

I already have a preliminary patch that allows the binding and unbinding
of fbcon which I sent to lkml and fbdev-devel. Jon and Andrew are against
having the control in fbcon, so I'm currently working on another patch that
will transfer the control to the console layer. It was a bit more complicated
that what I thought, but I'm almost done. I'm just in debugging mode, and so
far I haven't encountered any major problems.

The nice thing about this change is that it's not restricted to fbcon. Other
console drivers can explicitly bind or unbind, ie, your future drmcon.

I may send out the patch within a day or 2. After this, I'll start work on
the userland driver.

Tony

  Last update: 2006-06-08 10:56    [W:0.222 / U:0.268 seconds]