    SubjectRe: what processor family does intel core duo L2400 belong to?

    Barry K. Nathan wrote:
    > On 6/8/06, George Nychis <gnychis@cmu.edu> wrote:
    >
    >> Put me in your shoes, what would you test to see which one is the true
    >> choice?
    >

    > I'd start by seeing which one (if either) will boot the system (with
    > CONFIG_X86_GENERIC disabled). In the past, when I've had trouble
    > deciding, this has actually eliminated more possibilities than you
    > might expect.
    >
    > Beyond that, I don't know for certain what I would test with. Perhaps
    > I'd start with lmbench, or if I was using the system for 3D stuff,
    > perhaps framerates from glxgears or a 3D game. If I was using the
    > system for network stuff, I'd run network benchmarks. (Perhaps disk
    > benchmarks would be good too, but my experience is that network
    > performance tends to suffer first and/or more severely, especially if
    > Gigabit Ethernet or slow CPU's are involved.)
    >
    > If both choices boot, the performance difference may be quite small.

    Both booted... I was hoping this would be a lot more straight forward :P
    I am getting the feeling that pentium-m might outperform... my true P4
    computer is in family 15, whereas my PIII is in family 6, just like the
    Core Duo L2400

      Last update: 2006-06-09 03:31    [W:0.027 / U:30.712 seconds]