    SubjectRe: NMI problems with Dell SMP Xeons
    Date

    > The "send_IPI_mask_sequence()" function also seems like a perfectly
    > valid option (except for the comments, which are easy enough to
    > change). IMHO it's just not as pretty, especially if it's to be used
    > for all broadcast IPIs (rather than just for broadcast NMIs) - I'd be
    > tempted to do an "#ifdef BORKED_DELL" around it in that case. :-)

    It's not only that Dell that has trouble with broadcasts. On newer platforms
    which support CPU hotplug there are races at the hardware level with
    broadcasting. That is why we're moving away from it.

    Not sure why this particular case got missed. Ashok might want to comment -
    he did the hotplug work.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2006-06-07 17:25    [W:0.023 / U:0.888 seconds]