Subjectdriver module issue-howto load the some pieces of code into another text section.
Hi all,

I'm working on the Blackfin-linux platform. For blackfin, Level 1(L1)
memories are located on the chip and are faster than the off-chip
SDRAM. So many users want to load some key driver code into it to
improve the performance.

If user specify a routine running in the L1 memory, there we created
another text section in the ELF file, we called "text_l1" section.

If the driver is built in the kernel, we can load the code to the L1
memory by boot loader. But when the driver is built as a module, if we
still want to load some codes to the L1 memory, we have to change some
common codes, mainly in the file "linux-2.6.x/kernel/module.c". We
can

1) Use an architecture macro to add the patch code.

2) Use an Kconfig option macro to add the patch code.

I want to know which one is more reasonable and if it's acceptable, thanks.

I really appreciate your any suggestions and comments.

Regards,
-Aubrey

  Last update: 2006-06-06 11:51    [W:0.030 / U:0.600 seconds]