    SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm3
    On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:48:45 -0400
    Dave Jones <> wrote:

    > On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 11:20:04PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > >

    > > - Lots of PCI and USB updates
    > >
    > > - The various lock validator, stack backtracing and IRQ management problems
    > > are converging, but we're not quite there yet.
    > Thought I'd try my bi-annual "poke at -mm". Results were less
    > than spectacular.
    > First the sound driver oopsed.

    That's a bug in sound/pci/cs4281.c.

    There's a debug patch in -mm
    which trips up drivers which request an IRQ before their IRQ handler is
    ready to accept IRQs (they'll crash in real life if the IRQ is shared).

    > Then, the whole thing locked up after probing the parallel port.
    > I disabled it in the BIOS, and then it locked up probing the floppy drive..

    That looks like the same thing?

    > System is still alive, and responds to keyboard, but makes no forward progress.
    > (sysrq-B spewed a lockdep trace and then rebooted. I'll try and get
    > that hooked up to a serial console)
    > On a whim, I enabled the floppy drive in the BIOS, and rebooted.
    > That got me here.
    > Same dead userspace.

    So does that.

    > Off to find a serial cable.

    Try reverting debug-shared-irqs.patch, or disable the sound driver?

      Last update: 2006-06-05 22:09    [W:0.028 / U:11.464 seconds]