    SubjectRe: klibc and what's the next step?
    Pavel Machek wrote:
    [klibc/kinit in kernel]
    > I'd like to eventually move swsusp out of kernel, and klibc means I
    > may be able to do that without affecting users. Being in kinit is good
    > enough, because I can actually share single source between kinit
    > version and version.

    Heh. Take a look at anyone who's using real initramfs for their boot
    process. Not initrd, not kernel-without-any-preboot-fs, but real
    initramfs. For them, if kinit/klibc will be in kernel, nothing changes,
    because their initramfs *replaces* in-kernel code and future supplied-
    with-kernel-klibc-based-kinit. So if you'll move swsusp into kinit,
    it WILL break setups for those users!.. ;)

    And with time, amount of such users increases. Because everyone's
    switching from initrd to initramfs; or because everyone's starting
    using initramfs (not initrd as "obsolete") since their systems now
    require some sort of custom stuff while mounting root (like firmware

    Oh well.

      Last update: 2006-07-02 00:07    [W:0.022 / U:26.300 seconds]