    SubjectRe: ZVC: Increase threshold for larger processor configurationss
    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > A lot of the counters only ever count in one direction! So we could even
    > skew them by an entire STAT_THRESHOLD.

    I just tested both approaches separately. If I leave the STAT_THRESHOLD at
    32 and just add the STAT_THRESHOLD / 2 trick we can scale cleanly up to
    160p in the synthetic test.

    I have a bad feeling though for 512p 1024p and 4096p with the static
    approach with STAT_THRESHOLD /2 but it will take some time to get tests
    done on those.

    I think the best right now is to just take the dynamic threshold patch. I
    expect that to do just fine at the higher numbers. If we have more trouble
    at 1024p then maybe try STAT_THRESHOLD/2 before going to
    aggregate counter consolidation.

      Last update: 2006-06-30 19:17    [W:0.026 / U:0.680 seconds]