    SubjectRe: Bisects that are neither good nor bad

    > > > I think I've seen the same problem on one of my (similar spec) laptops.
    > > > Serial console was useless. On resume, there's a short spew of garbage
    > > > (just like if the baud rate were misconfigured) over serial before it
    > > > locks up completely.
    > >
    > > <> discusses a similar
    > > problem on a couple of machines. In my resume script (for a TP 600X),
    > > I have to restore the serial console with
    > >
    > > setserial -a /dev/ttyS0
    > >
    > > Until that magic executes, garbage characters (like modem noise)
    > > appear across the serial console.
    > With the resume failure I'm seeing, we don't get back to userspace
    > to run anything like this. It goes bang long before that.
    > The SATA fix Mark proposed also didn't improve the situation for me :-/

    If setserial -a is needed.. it means that someone really needs to fix
    suspend/resume support for serial... do it on working machine to
    enable debugging of broken ones...

    (But x32 has no serials, so I'm unlikely to code it...)
    Thanks for all the (sleeping) penguins.

      Last update: 2006-06-03 09:11    [W:0.019 / U:4.868 seconds]