    SubjectRe: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats
    > You're probably correct on that model. However, it all depends on the actual
    > workload. Are people who actually have large-CPU (>256) systems actually
    > running fork()-heavy things like webservers on them, or are they running things
    > like database servers and computations, which tend to have persistent
    > processes?

    It may well be mostly as you say - the large-CPU systems not running
    the fork() heavy jobs.

    Sooner or later, someone will want to run a fork()-heavy job on a
    large-CPU system. On a 1024 CPU system, it would apparently take
    just 14 exits/sec/CPU to hit this bottleneck, if Jay's number of
    14000 applied.

    Chris Sturdivant's reply is reasonable -- we'll hit it sooner or later,
    and deal with it then.

    --
    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability