    SubjectRe: Network namespaces a path to mergable code.
    Date
    Andrey Savochkin <saw@swsoft.com> writes:

    > Hi Eric,
    >
    > On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 10:51:26AM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    >> Andrey Savochkin <saw@swsoft.com> writes:
    >>
    >> > One possible option to resolve this question is to show 2 relatively short
    >> > patches just introducing namespaces for sockets in 2 ways: with explicit
    >> > function parameters and using implicit current context.
    >> > Then people can compare them and vote.
    >> > Do you think it's worth the effort?
    >>
    >> Given that we have two strong opinions in different directions I think it
    >> is worth the effort to resolve this.
    >
    > Do you have time to extract necessary parts of your old patch?
    > Or you aren't afraid of letting me draft an alternative version of socket
    > namespaces basing on your code? :)

    I'm not terribly afraid. I can always say you did it wrong. :)

    I don't think I am going to have time today. But since this conversation
    is slowing down and we are to getting into the technical details.
    I will try and find some time.

    Eric

      Last update: 2006-06-28 20:18    [W:0.022 / U:0.512 seconds]