    SubjectRe: Kernel API Reference Documentation
    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:42:20 +0200 Lukas Jelinek wrote:

    > > FYI, there are already some kernel-doc rules in
    > > Documentation/kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO.txt. These rules work with the
    > > doc. generator in the kernel tree (scripts/kernel-doc).
    > > Do you have suggestions for how to make them (the rules) better?
    > > so that the in-tree kernel doc. will improve...
    > These rules seem to be good. I will try to use the generator
    > (scripts/kernel-doc) and check the result.
    > But the bigger problem is that many headers are not documented at all.
    > And some code is documented but not complying the rules.

    Yes, well aware of both of those, plus a few minor problems
    with scripts/kernel-doc itself.
    I just added a minor rules-checker to the script and have
    more plans for it.

    We try to have new exported interfaces documented (I don't try
    on static [private] interfaces).

    I have had email with a professor in China who was going to have
    some students do some work in this area, but I haven't heard back
    from him (over 1 month ago).

    > > Q2: what do I get when I download one of the tarballs from
    > >
    > Each tarball contains exactly the same as can be browsed online at
    > There is no difference.

    > > Q3: Can we see your sed scripts?
    > >
    > Yes, here it is (it's really small and mindless):

      Last update: 2006-06-27 23:37    [W:0.021 / U:49.436 seconds]