    SubjectRe: Kernel API Reference Documentation

    > FYI, there are already some kernel-doc rules in
    > Documentation/kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO.txt. These rules work with the
    > doc. generator in the kernel tree (scripts/kernel-doc).
    > Do you have suggestions for how to make them (the rules) better?
    > so that the in-tree kernel doc. will improve...

    These rules seem to be good. I will try to use the generator
    (scripts/kernel-doc) and check the result.

    But the bigger problem is that many headers are not documented at all.
    And some code is documented but not complying the rules.

    > Q2: what do I get when I download one of the tarballs from kernel-api.org?

    Each tarball contains exactly the same as can be browsed online at
    kernel-api.org. There is no difference.

    > Q3: Can we see your sed scripts?

    Yes, here it is (it's really small and mindless):

    --- sed script begin ---

    /^\(\s\)*#endif/ {
    s/\/\*/\/\//
    s/\*\///
    }

    /^\(\s\)*\/\*.*\*\/\(\s\)*$/ {
    s/\/\*/\/\/\//
    s/\*\///
    }

    s/\*\///
    }

    --- sed script end ---

      Last update: 2006-06-27 22:44    [W:0.038 / U:0.168 seconds]