    SubjectRe: Kernel API Reference Documentation
    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:22:51 +0200 Lukas Jelinek wrote:

    > Hello,
    > a few months ago I looked for something like "Linux Kernel API Reference
    > Documentation". This search was unsuccessful and somebody recommended me
    > to generate this documentation from the kernel headers.
    > I have used Doxygen for this work. But the headers have needed to be
    > preprocessed by 'sed' using some regexp rules (due to various
    > incompatible comment formats).
    > Now I decide to share the result worldwide. The current generated
    > "Kernel API Reference" can be found at
    > Although it is very buggy this time I think it may be useful for module
    > developers.
    > To allow this work to be better, I suggest to establish some rules for
    > writing code comments (especially for function prototypes, data
    > structures etc.) and to add the comments to the kernel headers. The
    > rules should be chosen carefully to be well accepted by various
    > documentation generators (at least by Doxygen).

    FYI, there are already some kernel-doc rules in
    Documentation/kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO.txt. These rules work with the
    doc. generator in the kernel tree (scripts/kernel-doc).
    Do you have suggestions for how to make them (the rules) better?
    so that the in-tree kernel doc. will improve...

    Q2: what do I get when I download one of the tarballs from

    Q3: Can we see your sed scripts?

      Last update: 2006-06-27 22:22    [W:0.021 / U:22.616 seconds]