    SubjectRe: [RFC][patch 1/4] Network namespaces: cleanup of dev_base list use
    Date
    Kirill Korotaev <dev@sw.ru> writes:

    >>>Cleanup of dev_base list use, with the aim to make device list per-namespace.
    >>>In almost every occasion, use of dev_base variable and dev->next pointer
    >>>could be easily replaced by for_each_netdev loop.
    >>>A few most complicated places were converted to using
    >>>first_netdev()/next_netdev().
    >> As a proof of concept patch this is ok.
    >> As a real world patch this is much too big, which prevents review.
    >> Plus it takes a few actions that are more than replace just
    >> iterators through the device list.
    > Mmm, actually it is a whole changeset and should go as a one patch. I didn't
    > find it to be big and my review took only 5-10mins..
    > I also don't think that mailing each driver maintainer is a good idea.
    > Only if we want to make some buzz :)

    Thanks for supporting my case. You reviewed it and missed the obvious typo.
    I do agree that a patchset doing it all should happen at once.

    As for not mailing the maintainers of the code we are changing. That
    would just be irresponsible.

    Eric

      Last update: 2006-06-27 13:17    [W:0.033 / U:95.812 seconds]