    SubjectRe: [patch 2/6] [Network namespace] Network device sharing by view
    Andrey Savochkin wrote:
    > Hi Daniel,

    Hi Andrey,

    devel@openvz.org ?

    > When a device presents an skb to the protocol layer, it needs to know to which
    > namespace this skb belongs.
    > Otherwise you would never get rid of problems with bind: what to do if device
    > eth1 is visible in namespace1, namespace2, and root namespace, and each
    > namespace has a socket bound to 0.0.0.0:80?

    Exact. But, the idea was to retrieve the namespace from the routes.

    IMHO, I think there are roughly 2 network isolation implementation:

    - make all network ressources private to the namespace

    - keep a "flat" model where network ressources have a new identifier
    which is the network namespace pointer. The idea is to move only some
    network informations private to the namespace (eg port range, stats, ...)

    Daniel.

      Last update: 2006-06-26 16:59    [W:0.021 / U:60.052 seconds]