SubjectRe: [patch 2/6] [Network namespace] Network device sharing by view
Andrey Savochkin wrote:
> Hi Daniel,

Hi Andrey,

devel@openvz.org ?

> When a device presents an skb to the protocol layer, it needs to know to which
> namespace this skb belongs.
> Otherwise you would never get rid of problems with bind: what to do if device
> eth1 is visible in namespace1, namespace2, and root namespace, and each
> namespace has a socket bound to 0.0.0.0:80?

Exact. But, the idea was to retrieve the namespace from the routes.

IMHO, I think there are roughly 2 network isolation implementation:

- make all network ressources private to the namespace

- keep a "flat" model where network ressources have a new identifier
which is the network namespace pointer. The idea is to move only some
network informations private to the namespace (eg port range, stats, ...)

Daniel.