    SubjectRe: Problem with 2.6.17-mm2
    On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 10:32 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > So in fact this just silently acks spurious interrupts which have an
    > > hw_irq_controller assigned. If there is no action, then nothing has
    > > called setup_irq/request_irq for this interrupt line and therefor it is
    > > an spurious interrupt which should not happen.
    > >

    > > genirq makes these visible and informs noisily about those events.
    > >

    > hm, OK. I guess we can let it ride for now. Later we can decide whether
    > we need to shut that warning up. I suspect we should, if the machine's
    > working OK.

    We can make it once per IRQ.

    In fact I think the original behaviour is a BUG. You have no chance to
    notice that your box gets flooded by such interrupts. With my willingly
    asserted spurious interrupts the box simply stalls in a flood of
    interrupts without any notice.

    tglx

      Last update: 2006-06-25 19:39    [W:0.020 / U:31.664 seconds]