    SubjectRe: [git pull] ieee1394 tree for 2.6.18
    On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 08:14:45PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > I want them to tell me what they are sending, so that _when_ I pull, I can
    > line up the result of that pull with the mail they sent, and I can tell
    > "ok, that's actually what the other side intended".

    Given that you've complained about me sending daily pull requests
    already, how do you intend folk to handle the situation where they've
    sent you a pull request, it's apparantly been ignored, and they update
    the tree from which you pull (maybe for akpm's benefit) and then you
    eventually get around to pulling it a couple of days later?

    Given your complaint and your comments above, I can only assume that
    I must not touch a tree which I've asked you to pull for 48 hours
    just in case you do decide to honour the pull request.

    If that's not the case, we need something in place so we know what
    your intentions are. Or we just say "sod it, we'll update the tree
    anyway and see what happens, and send an updated request after 48

    Russell King
    Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core

      Last update: 2006-06-20 19:56    [W:0.030 / U:18.304 seconds]