    SubjectRe: [patch] do_no_pfn
    Andi Kleen wrote:
    >> Please go back and read the old threads on this for all the details,
    >> I would miss half the points if I was to try and restate it all from
    >> memory.
    > Shouldn't these points be in the patch submission description?

    You expect people to go look for things on random mailing lists when you
    post it, but you don't care to search the archives yourself.... och

    >> Doing this at mmap time does not work, you want NUMA node locality.
    >> It has to be done through first touch mappings.
    > Then create struct page *s.

    One struct page for a random single page here, another for a single
    random page there. And the risk that someone will start walking the
    pages and dereference and cause data corruption. As explained before,
    it's a bad idea.

      Last update: 2006-06-20 11:15    [W:0.020 / U:65.372 seconds]