    SubjectRe: Suspending and resuming a single task
    Bernard Blackham napisał(a):
    > On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 03:06 +0200, Wojciech Moczulski wrote:
    >
    >>Matthew Garrett napisał(a):
    >>
    >>>http://cryopid.berlios.de/ ?
    >>
    >>OK, and if I want to parse the path to a file, where process state is saved,
    >>to the kernel and let the kernel module restart the process? Is it possible to
    >>do it this way (without building self-executable binary)?
    >

    > One of the earlier incarnations of CryoPID did more or less this - it
    > generated an ELF file with segments as laid out in the original image,
    > so that the kernel ELF loaded did all the dirty work. It still required
    > an extra portion of code to be injected into the binary in order to
    > restore registers, file descriptors, etc. I recall the main reason I
    > switched away from it was to be able to compress the images.
    >
    > If you're going to be modifying the kernel in order to resume processes,
    > then implementing it as an binary format handler (fs/binfmt_*) may be
    > what you're looking for.

    I must say I didn't thought of it in this way. First version of my concept
    assumned storing task state, restoring it later and get it running by creating
    a new process by hand and rewriting necessary data.

    Well, thank anyway.

    Regards,
    Wojciech

      Last update: 2006-06-19 16:21    [W:0.031 / U:0.204 seconds]