    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.17

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Not a lot of changes since the last -rc, the bulk is actually some
    > last-minute MIPS updates and s390 futex changes, the rest tend to be
    > various very small fixes that trickled in over the last week.

    Btw, one thing that I was planning to ask people - does anybody find the
    full-format ChangeLog's that I produce at all useful?

    You can get the exact same information directly from git, and the full
    changelog (as opposed to the shortlog) tends to be pretty rough to read,
    so I suspect that most people who do want to delve into the details are
    actually much more likely to look it up using git instead (at which point
    you can obviously get much better information - graphical history, diffs,
    etc)

    I'm not going to stop doing the incremental shortlogs, since those are
    easy to read and I usually post them with the release announcement unless
    they end up being too large (usually -rc1 has a _lot_ of changes as a
    result of the merge window), but I'm just wondering if anybody finds the
    full logs useful at all?

    They're easy for me to generate, but if nobody uses them, I don't see much
    of a point..

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.025 / U:90.848 seconds]