    SubjectRe: Passing references to kobjects between userland and kernel
    On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 04:26:38PM +0200, Daniele orlandi wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm trying to figure out what is the correct way to pass references to
    > kobjects between userland and kernel space.

    Use the kobject_uevent() call from kernelspace to let userspace know
    whatever you want it to. That is what it is there for :)

    > I have my big object hierarchy of kobjects representing a TDM interconnect
    > graph with channels, crossconnectors, physical ports and so on.
    > The main objects are nodes and archs; archs connect two nodes together.
    > The hierarchy is exported to sysfs.
    > From userland I want to tell the kernel "Connect node X to node Y".

    Then use the names of the kobjects within your subdirectory. They have
    to be unique so you should be safe.

    Or use configfs :)

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2006-06-17 02:04    [W:0.019 / U:12.660 seconds]