SubjectRe: Passing references to kobjects between userland and kernel
On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 04:26:38PM +0200, Daniele orlandi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to figure out what is the correct way to pass references to
> kobjects between userland and kernel space.

Use the kobject_uevent() call from kernelspace to let userspace know
whatever you want it to. That is what it is there for :)

> I have my big object hierarchy of kobjects representing a TDM interconnect
> graph with channels, crossconnectors, physical ports and so on.
> The main objects are nodes and archs; archs connect two nodes together.
> The hierarchy is exported to sysfs.
> From userland I want to tell the kernel "Connect node X to node Y".

Then use the names of the kobjects within your subdirectory. They have
to be unique so you should be safe.

Or use configfs :)

greg k-h